Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuXdbcs problem

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 August 2011]

Hello,

I'm having problems with acuxdbc in network mode. I have installed the acuxdbc driver correctly in the client/server, i start the service acuxdbcs and anything go smooth. I do a acuxdbcs -info servername in the client and got response.

The problem is when i try to access the data from excel in the client comp. I get "Connection failed: SQLState: 28000. VISION: No entry for product 'AcuXDBCS' in file "serveradress/installpath/xvision.alc".

And my question is, if i have a license for acuxdbc, i need another one for acuxdbcs? or simply i fail installing it? there are different license for each products?

Thanks afterwards
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuXdbcs problem

Jump to solution
Yes, AcuXDBC Server needs its own license. There is the client license that you already have, that allows you to get data locally on the machine where you installed the driver. For the server you can get AcuXDBC Server or AcuXDBC Enterprise, where Enterprise would allow you to use Java and JDBC to access the COBOL data files.
AcuXDBC Server or AcuXDBC Enterprise require their won licenses.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuXdbcs problem

Jump to solution
Yes, AcuXDBC Server needs its own license. There is the client license that you already have, that allows you to get data locally on the machine where you installed the driver. For the server you can get AcuXDBC Server or AcuXDBC Enterprise, where Enterprise would allow you to use Java and JDBC to access the COBOL data files.
AcuXDBC Server or AcuXDBC Enterprise require their won licenses.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.