Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
kthomp24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding tab to current Internet Explorer

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 May 2012]

I would like to know if anyone knows how to add a new tab to a active internet explorer. The current logic that we have in the system that does a system call to open a web page will open a new internet explorer each time. I would like to just add a tab to the current internet explorer instead.

Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Adding tab to current Internet Explorer

Jump to solution

For Thin client you need to ad @DISPLAY ... C$SYSTEM can be used to execute a program in Thin Client environments. To execute a program on the display host in a thin client environment, add the prefix "@[DISPLAY]:" to the name of any program that resides on the client machine. For Example:

C$SYSTEM "@[DISPLAY]:C:\notepad myfile.txt"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ddarnell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

This works for me from the command line and may work from a system call as well.

start /d iexplore.exe www.google.com

0 Likes
kthomp24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The command above works fine when not used with Thin-Client....but will not work when called using Thin-Client.  Below is my attempt to use this in Thin-Client with C$SYSTEM.

INITIALIZE WS-HELP-ME.

MOVE "start /d iexplore.exe www.google.com" TO WS-HELP-ME.

CALL "C$SYSTEM" USING WS-HELP-ME, 129.

Any words of wisdom from anyone???

0 Likes
neidingd Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

you can test:

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c "start /d iexplore.exe www.google.com"

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

For Thin client you need to ad @DISPLAY ... C$SYSTEM can be used to execute a program in Thin Client environments. To execute a program on the display host in a thin client environment, add the prefix "@[DISPLAY]:" to the name of any program that resides on the client machine. For Example:

C$SYSTEM "@[DISPLAY]:C:\notepad myfile.txt"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kthomp24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Using your answer combined with the answer from neidingd we have made this function as we have wanted.  Thank you both for the help!!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.