Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
4g583u3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automated installer for Acucobol 9 or 10?

Has anyone ever bundled an acucobol 9 installer into an MSI so it automatically installs chosen options into a particular (non standard) directory?

thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
buggabill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Automated installer for Acucobol 9 or 10?

I do this with version 10 and did so before as well.  I use a Wix Toolset project that I have built in Visual Studio to build the installer.  Building an MSI is a key thing here.  Trying to auto-update a client PC from a custom exe file without running acuthin as an administrator is pretty much impossible no matter how high you try to escalate the privileges.  I had limited success using NSI at one point since that builds an exe file.  Older versions of Visual Studio had lite versions of InstallShield which would work.

DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Beginning with ACUCOBOL-GT version 10.0.0 there is a new installer and it is possible to use msiexec for a silent install of some products.

This example is for Runtime, Acu4GL for MSSQL and AcuSQL Runtime installation in the specified directory, "C:\my\Install\Dir":

msiexec /i "extend(R) Version 10.0.0 x86.msi" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\my\install\Dir ADDLOCAL=Runtime,Acu4GLMSSQL,AcuSQLRuntime

To automatically and silently uninstall:

msiexec /uninstall "extend(R) Version 10.0.0 x86.msi" /qn
4g583u3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has anyone used AUTOIT? Looks like it can do this albeit not in a neat MSI
0 Likes
buggabill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Before using Autoit, I would explore something like Nullsoft (also free). @DougP - do those same options work with the standalone thin client installer? I write some registry settings as well as some custom config file settings on our install.
0 Likes
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, for Thin Client installation use one of the following:

msiexec /i "extend(R) Thin Client Version 10.0.0.msi" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\myInstallDir ADDLOCAL=AcuThin

If you need the Microsoft redistributables then add VC100Redistx86:

msiexec /i "extend(R) Thin Client Version 10.0.0.msi" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\myInstallDir ADDLOCAL=AcuThin,VC100Redistx86

To uninstall silently:

msiexec /uninstall "extend(R) Thin Client Version 10.0.1.msi" /qn
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.