Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Autoupdate fails with a Memory Access Violation 7.2.1 -> 9.0.1 on Windows XP

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 December 2011]

We are upgrading from AcuConnect 7.2.1 to 9.0.1 and either acuthin or the autoupdater is crashing with a memory access violation on Windows XP. Windows 7 seems to be unaffected by this. I found a forum post where this was an issue going from 7.2 -> 8.1. Has this bug resurfaced, or is there something that I can fix on my end?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Autoupdate fails with a Memory Access Violation 7.2.1 -> 9.0.1 on Windows XP

It would be best to install the thin client on each machine versus using the auto-updater. Each CD or on the Micro Focus supportline site, are the files need just to install Thin client.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Autoupdate fails with a Memory Access Violation 7.2.1 -> 9.0.1 on Windows XP

I totally agree that this would be the best thing to do in a smaller setting. The only thing is that the thin client and some other supporting files that we have bundled in a custom installer are deployed to over 1000 of our customers all over New England, New York and Pennsylvania. I was hoping that the auto-update facilities would have helped with this, and they will except with Windows XP. Thanks anyway!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.