Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
kthomp24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$COPY and Thin Client Folder Paths

We are attempting to create a html on the server side and use C$COPY to place that html file in the users MY DOCUMENTS folder.  Below is the code that we are attempting to use...it fails on the C$COPY each time we attempt it.  If we hard code in the entire path to a folder the logic works fine, but when we use the Acu-Defined logic below for <MYDOCUMENTS> it starts failing.  We have many remote users and many shared folders and we would like to just default this file to the users documents folder instead of having to pick a share to use.

Does anyone have any clues how this can be done or what the issue might be?

PERFORM Acu-Report1-Print-ToFile.
           MOVE ZEROS TO WS-ERROR.
           MOVE SPACES TO WS-STRING.
           STRING "@[DISPLAY]:<MYDOCUMENTS>\Test.html"
                  DELIMITED BY SIZE
                  INTO WS-STRING.
           CALL "C$COPY" USING
                "/u/acudir/dataWRK/Test.html"
                WS-STRING
                GIVING WS-ERROR.

CALL "C$DELETE" USING
              "/u/acudir/dataWRK/Test.html"
              GIVING WS-ERROR.

Call "C$SYSTEM" Using
              "EXPLORER <MYDOCUMENTS>\Test.html", 129.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: C$COPY and Thin Client Folder Paths

Your code worked for me. Is there a pattern to where it fails? A specific version of Windows perhaps? Also, how are you handling the AcuRCL access file, does everyone have their own individual entry? If you have an specific version of Windows where this fails please contact customer care to raise a support incident.

0 Likes
kthomp24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The process dies on the first C$COPY call...WS-ERROR has a 1 and the file is not copied.  The logic continues just no file is on the local machine so the following commands don't do much.

I am not sure which AcuRCL you are asking about...we have a .ini and a .cfg file?  

I am trying this out of Win 7....just for information sake.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'm using Windows 7 as well. I was referring to the AcuAcess file .. do you have an entry for each person. Such as:

Client Machine Name Client user Name Local User Name

*                                        shjerpe                                   shjerpe

or do you have something else? The only thing I saw, which I didn't think would make a difference,

Your code:

STRING "@[DISPLAY]:<MYDOCUMENTS>\Test.html"

whereas the docs would seem to prefer

STRING "@[DISPLAY]:<MYDOCUMENTS>/Test.html"

I don't think the direction of the slash would cause a failure.

0 Likes
kthomp24 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

All users on our Unix Dev system do have entries into the AcuAccess file.  On our Unix Production systems that is not the case.  This is failing on Dev system so I am not sure that helps you much!

I saw that in the doc and tried the slash both ways...neither worked.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.