Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
cburlon7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$Copy and W$Progressdialog

Has anyone ever used W$PROGRESSDIALOG to track C$COPY or are there any examples of how this is used? 

In my test program, regardless of how long the C$COPY takes, the progress bar does not open until the copy finishes. At that point it opens, progress goes from 0 to 100% and then it closes. 

From reading the documentation it seemed that setting WPROGRESSDIALOG-C-COPY before I begin the copy would mean there is no need to use WPROGRESSDIALOG-SET-PROGRESS. I've also tested with a call to WPROGRESSDIALOG-RESET-TIMER before the copy but there is no change. 

Below is the code I am currently using.

Load-To-Server.

perform Progress-Setup.

call "C$COPY" using src-file-name(1:src-fn-sz)
     temp-import-name
     giving fileops-status
end-call.

perform Progress-Destroy.

Progress-Setup.

| create progressdialog
call "w$progressdialog" using WPROGRESSDIALOG-CREATE,
"title"
"message during cancel"
WPROGRESSDIALOG-AUTOTIME
WPROGRESSDIALOG-ANIMATION-FILECOPY
giving pd-handle.

| monitor c$copy
call "w$progressdialog" using WPROGRESSDIALOG-C-COPY,
    Pd-Handle.

Progress-Destroy.

call "w$progressdialog" using WPROGRESSDIALOG-DESTROY
Pd-Handle.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: C$Copy and W$Progressdialog

Looking at your call to C$COPY it does not appear you are using C$COPY for a Thin Client file copy, which would look like this:

call "c$copy" using "bigfile" "@[display]:tempfile"

WPROGRESSDIALOG-C-COPY - monitors the progress of the C$COPY when transferring files to or from a remote machine in a thin client environment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.