Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Pass5107 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$PDF and its libraries

Since we are on this subject, and you are updating this process it would really be nice to have some sample programs that actually create pdf's, and they should contain code for all the library calls that are supported. Back in the day Acu provided sample programs that were very good starting programs. PDF is becoming or shall I say the defacto standard in the industry today.

Being able to generate graphical invoices and statements that blow away the competition from within our applications as PDF's would be huge today. The bench is not a good means to create graphical forms from within our applications today, there is no easy method I am aware to piece this code into existing programs today.

We have been exploring creating Dynamic PDF's using Adobe LiveCycle to create the forms, then generating XML code to merge the form and the xml code using other 3rd party software, if we could instead use these new PDF libraries it would be fantastic.

We did explore other avenues such as Apache FOP, but the output was not as vibrant as Adobe LiveCycle.

Thanks for listening

0 Likes
3 Replies
info8 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: C$PDF and its libraries

I agree with that. The Printing Color Graphics Demo in the samples would be a nice one to have. We use those statements to print to a PDF printer but then you depend on that software. If we had that sample to make directly a PDF I think we have most of the statements available used.

Kind regards
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Agreed, for PDF we're using libraries from a third party called libharu and it is taking some time to getting those functions active and generating samples that accompany them, This is one of our goals for the 10.3.0 release, to increase the number of available functions and to have a better number of example programs. libharu provides a number of examples that are written in C, so we're converting those examples to COBOL. The AcuBench designer will not change in that you would be not able to use it to make visual report that then generates calls to the C$PDF routines.
0 Likes
Pass5107 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I wish you guy's could push up the timeline to 10.2.1, we need to make a decision of purchasing a 3rd party product and it is very costly.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.