Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$REDIRECT - Line Sequential File - Status Code 44

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 January 2012]

We use C$REDIRECT with Handler-Type-Pre set to true so that the Handler Program does what it is going to do, then Extend will do what it does. Most of the time this works fine, but, when I process a Write statement on a Line Sequential file, I get an error 44 which means that the record size has changed.

For a Sequential File, my Handler program does nothing. The following is the first line of code in my handler program:

IF HANDLER-ORGANIZATION-SEQUENTIAL
GOBACK.

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the Extend runtime (8.1.2.1) adds a carriage return and line feed to the end of each record in Line Sequential files, thus making an 80 character record actually have 82 characters. And somehow, just by entering the C$REDIRECT Handler program, something happens to make Extend think the record size has changed.

A Binary Sequential file works just fine, as do Vision files.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: C$REDIRECT - Line Sequential File - Status Code 44

The best thing to do would be to send a reproducing example to Customer Care. It doesn't sound like expected behavior.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.