Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$REDIRECT

Hi all, I wanted to know if anyone is currently using the C$REDIRECT function in a Pre mode on file I/O and if you have had success with this in a production environment. Also are there any tips, performance issues etc in using this. I am not replacing the standard I/O routines with this, I am using it as a trigger when certain I/O takes places.

Regards

Scott

1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: C$REDIRECT

Hi Scott,

I use C$REDIRECT in pre-mode to update a SQL database with tables that match the Vision files in our application. The COBOL callback program launched by file I-O action calls a DLL and sends the Vision record in the handler-record-area to it. The DLL writes that record to the appropriate table in handler-file-name. The DLL is multi-threaded so there are negligible performance issue. The only performance issues occur with large batch processing and even they are negligible.
I created a Data Dictionary that matches fields in the Vision files with the related columns in the SQL tables.
I also use it in the Replace-mode to work with SQL tables with no physical Vision file.

Hope this helps,
Jay
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.