Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Dennis1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$SYSTEM and C$RUN

Hi,

Was wondering if you can help me figure out if this is a limitation of the C$SYSTEM and C$RUN.

I want our application to open a web browers and continue on (have it run on it's own).

If I put in the path (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" url) all is good when I call C$RUN or C$SYSTEM.

The problem occurs when we replace 'C:\Program.....' with  'START CHROME url'.

When using C$RUN it comes back with a status -1 (error occurred).

Using the same command in DOS (e.g. start chrome http://google.ca), it works fine.

Thanks in advance!!

Dennis

0 Likes
2 Replies
buggabill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: C$SYSTEM and C$RUN

START is one of those special built-in shell commands in Windows.  You would need something like this:

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
             USING 'START "" chrome "google.com"',
              CSYS-SHELL.

If you are in a thin client type of environment, you should add the @[DISPLAY] to the command line:

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
             USING '@[DISPLAY]:START "" chrome "google.com"',
              CSYS-SHELL.

0 Likes
Dennis1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: C$SYSTEM and C$RUN

Perfect..Works like a charm
Thanks buggabill!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.