Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
elopez42 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C$XML Write/Read issue

I am trying to interface with a third-party vendor using an XML based interface.  I can successfully create the initial file using NEW-PARSER, WRITE-FILE, and RELEASE-PARSER.  I can also successfully parse a previously created file using the standard op-codes.  However, it is when I attempt to combine the two where I run into problems.

Using the same code to create the initial file, I then enter a cycle of sleep and check waiting for an update to come back from the vendor's software.  It appears as if my program is not releasing the file.  When the file gets created, the vendor's program "hangs".  It knows it's got a file to process, but can't because the file isn't free.  As soon as my program reaches a timeout threshold and exits, the vendor's program immediately kicks into gear as it should.

I have attached a sample program.  Can anyone help out with this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
elopez42 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: C$XML Write/Read issue

As a follow-up, I am using AcuCobol 8.0.1.  I have also tried separating out the writing of the XML file into a separate program and using "C$RUN" to call that program.  I have also increased the wait time following the write of the file until the first check to see if it was updated.  Niether of these changed things at all.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.