Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Pass5107 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Calling SSRS from within a Cobol program using Acusql and or Acu4gl

Has anyone created a method of calling SSRS RDL from within AcuCobol?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Calling SSRS from within a Cobol program using Acusql and or Acu4gl

I take it that you want to leverage SSRS RDL (to write reports) from within COBOL versus just reading the output of SSRS RDL which makes XML style reports. Looking on the Web, I found this article showing how to leverage SSRS RDL as a Web Service ... www.teamscs.com/.../
0 Likes
Pass5107 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Calling SSRS from within a Cobol program using Acusql and or Acu4gl

Thank you I will take a look at the site, our end users are extremely pleased with our Cobol programs that allows them to easily set the reporting parameters that would call the Cobol reporting program and generate a standard printed report no fancy graphics, now in the world SSRS and Crystal they are wanting more, so our initial thoughts would be to use our Cobol program to pass the selection report parameters rather than using SSRS because of the way its handles parameters, and then the out report would show up in a browser with a very nice looking report, and our end users would not have to learn how to run SSRS. Anyway thanks for the feedback. We have also looked into third party products such as RPV and Fytek to do pretty much the same thing as SSRS.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.