Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
PeterJespersen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Calling Unregistered C# DLL ACUCOBOL

I have tried to call a dll using different methods in COBOL.

I am able to create a com object of the dll and call it. The problem here is that the dll needs to be registered by either regasm, gacutil or put somewhere locally.

The best scenario is to place the dll somewhere, which does not require administrative permissions to manage. 

Is it possible to call a dll from a network drive?

The reason for this is to make the support of that dll and future dll's as minimal as possible, which would mean an easy way to distribute and update the dll.

I have tried:

1. Calling directly, when the dll is stored somewhere in the code-prefix
    • Call “GetHTML.DLL” *this seems to be working according to the log-file”*
    • Call “GetList” using by reference param1, param2….  *This is not working* GetList is a method within the dll.
  2. Creating a com object and using the create/modify statement, this works, but it requires registering the dll somewhere, which is not a viable solution.

I  have attached an example of the dll and the def file used to create the com object.

The alternative is to create an exe file instead, but calling an exe file using c$system. This works, but it does not provide the same feedback as the dll would.

Any help is appreciated

GetHTML.zip

Tags (3)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.