Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
chris_websa_co_za Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cobol with >Net

I am starting a program with Acucobol 9.11 and .Net with a product called SonicMQ.  I would like to know if anybody out there have done any programs using "net assemblies.  I am battling to find out how to use stored objects and the documentation provided is not very helpful

I am a COBOL programmer so either way is a new experience - the programmers have said we can use soap.  Once again I would love some helpful documentation..

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

RE: Cobol with >Net

I looked at the SonicMQ datasheet and noticed that the product also provides a web services SOAP interface.  Would you consider using that interface instead?

[EDIT]

I see you mentioned the SOAP interface in your comments.

RMNet, a subprogram library newly available with extend 9.1, along with XML Extensions, will allow your COBOL program to be a web services client using the SOAP interface for SonicMQ.   

I cannot really judge the complexity of using the web services interface simply by reading the product datasheets.  However, interacting with web services is fairly straightforward. 

Tom Morrison
Consultant

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Cobol with >Net

Have you looked at the example in 912\AcuGT\sample\dotnet\NETOBJECTS ... ReadMeSetUp.txt

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.