UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

Create Source from Executable

Can Source be created from a Executable? In my previous jobs we could do this on a IBM S38 many years ago.

I have a small program that Unicon gave us that is used in Date Routines. Works fine but in case we run into trouble I would like to take look and fix it if possible. I Talked to Masoud from Unicon and he does not have the source either.  Currently on Version 10.3.1. The program is called "50" in case someone has the source.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Microfocus has a tool that will allow us to create source from an acucobol executable but it requires debug.  Also prior to conversion, I will reach out to Masoud for his blessing prior to disassembly, providing your executable was compiled with debug.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

OK, I will wait for your reply.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.