Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
fcgmis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Create a .tiff file

Does anyone have or know where I can find some example code of how to create a .tiff file using cobol?  Wondering if this can be done in 'select' statement or if there may be a routine that would do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kim

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Create a .tiff file

Hi Kim,

Which COBOL product are you using, i,e Visual COBOL, Net Express, ACU, RM?

There are classes in the .NET framework that allow you to create .tiff files so if you are using Visual COBOL for Visual Studio then this would not be too difficult of a task.

There is no file format in COBOL that would directly allow you to create a tiff file so you would have to use either a binary format, where you would need to know all the details of the tiff file or a 3rd party library that could be called from COBOL.

Thanks.

0 Likes
fcgmis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry for not stating before - we use acucobol.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have moved this to the AcuCOBOL forum so that the correct group of engineers wll see it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I do not have an example, but it appears that Microsoft .Net provides a Tiff decoder and Tiff encoder. You would use Netdefgen and generate the copybook that contains the properties and methods descibed in this article: msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa969817.aspx

Then you can use Create to create an instance of this assemble, and use modify to use its methods or properties.

0 Likes
mickyhall Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How are things going? Have you successfully create tiff file with cobol? I just wonder are you willing to use other class to create tiff file, like free source imagemagic?

TAGS: TIFF Reading   TIFF Creating

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.