Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating .NET usercontrolo give "LoadEntity invoke failed"

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to develop a new usercontrol with a datagridview and a toolbar and put it in a windows.

When I deploy on other machine the hell... 

I've deploied a small set of the acuthin client object so maybe I've missing something. I've seen that I'll need

- acutonet.dll

- varcallback.dll

- acutonet.tlb

I've tried to regasm acutonet.dll ( regasm /codebase /registered acutonet.dll) and this solved the "CoCreate Instance failed" but now I'm stuck with "LoadEntity" problem.

I've developed the dll with vs2013, on my machine I've 9.2.4 acuthin, but I'm runing on 7.2.2 acuthin version again 7.2.2 acurcl server linux.

Someone can help me?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Creating .NET usercontrolo give "LoadEntity invoke failed"

Jump to solution

I’ve never seen that specific error but we recently began calling DLLs through Acuthin from a Linux server and I found I needed the following when distributing outside of my development machine.

From the AcuGT/bin directory I added the below files to the thin client install directory.

CLRControlModule.dll

AcuToNet.dll

RegAsm20Acu.exe (as admin run “regasm20acu.exe acutonet.dll”)

Marshal.exe (as admin run “marshal.exe /regserver”)

We use 9.1.2.1 acuthin/runcbl so we created a DLL in the 3.5 .Net framework to be compatible with netdefgen.exe.

The DLLs we call are not graphical and I’m not sure what using 7.2.2 changes with any of it but the above is what worked for us.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I’ve never seen that specific error but we recently began calling DLLs through Acuthin from a Linux server and I found I needed the following when distributing outside of my development machine.

From the AcuGT/bin directory I added the below files to the thin client install directory.

CLRControlModule.dll

AcuToNet.dll

RegAsm20Acu.exe (as admin run “regasm20acu.exe acutonet.dll”)

Marshal.exe (as admin run “marshal.exe /regserver”)

We use 9.1.2.1 acuthin/runcbl so we created a DLL in the 3.5 .Net framework to be compatible with netdefgen.exe.

The DLLs we call are not graphical and I’m not sure what using 7.2.2 changes with any of it but the above is what worked for us.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The CLRControlModule.dll mentioned by cburlon7 is not in Version 7. This dll was developed so we could load .Net controls and use the Microsoft Common Language Runtime .. this was neccesary for many .Net controls as the def file may include a property referred to as STORED_OBJECT. If your .Net control has or uses these, you will not be able to use your .Net control with Version 7.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.