Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
johnb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating Working Storage in Acubench

Will acubench read an existing working storage file (no acubench generated) and create the working storage section? Or do I have to manually create the working storage description? I have a Version 5.2 record layout in a file as part of the program. I want to import that layout into acubench so I can build a file viewer.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Creating Working Storage in Acubench

With AcuBench you're going to have several options .. In the File view when you add your program file, you can tell AcuBench to look at your copypath and the copybook will be brought into the project. My guess in that you want to see your copybook in the Working-storage graphical designer. ... you also said record layout which may imply an FD ... but I'll proceed with the Working-Storage graphical designer. Double click on the working-storage designer in your projects graphical view .. in the upper right you'll see add item, select add item and you can choose import copy file or link copy file ... import meaning you'll get a copy of your file in the working storage designer, link meaning the Working-Storage graphical designer will contain a copy statement to your copybook. When you use link, you need to manually edit your copybook when you want changes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.