Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
rstoll Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Crystal Reports Newb

I looked around for a post but didn't see, so here goes.  We're using Acucobol 9.5 with Vision version 4 files.  We have Crystal Reports 10, can upgrade if necessary.  New to Crystal Reports.  How can I make Crystal Reports read and report on Vision ver 4 files?  I've tried creating .xfd files, but its not clear to me next steps.  Thanks for any input.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Crystal Reports Newb

Not current with Crystal Reports either, for most of the ODBC / JDBC type of software, there is an import data (menu option). This forum post may help ... community.microfocus.com/.../7596.aspx

0 Likes
GeorgeK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Crystal Reports Newb

I don't have crystal reports on current machine. I created hundreds of Crystal reports with Crystal Report XI developer version and Acucobol 6, 7, and 8 versions. It is possible. Often the best and fastest approach is to pull your data into one indexed file with detail section number as primary key and a suffix to handle multiple pages of the same detail section. Using this approach you may go generic on the field names in the file so you can use them as needed in multiple detail sections. You would link thru xdbc with the xfd and file name.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.