Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
JimRead Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Customers with increasing file errors

Good evening,

For the last couple of months, several of my customers have been complaining about a steady increase in the number of file errors they are receiving while using my software.  Most of them have not had an update of my software, so nothing changed from my perspective.  The most commonly reported are File Busy (on personal temp files, so shouldn't ever happen) and Disk Space Exhausted despite small file sizes (like 10kb) and no where near disk capacity.  The ones who have reported this are running a mix of Windows 7 and 10 with AcuCobol ver 7.2 or 10.0 (I don't believe this is happening for my 10.1 user.

They have tried: rebooting, disk defragmentation, and rebuilding their Windows profiles; all to no avail.

Anyone else experience this or know if it's tied to a Windows update not playing nice?

Thanks for any input, customers are losing patience.  I apologize for any omissions of data, please just ask and I'll be happy to provide the information to the best of my ability.

Jim Read

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Customers with increasing file errors

I wonder if any of this can be traced back to Windows Defender becoming more aggressive? We've had problems with Symantec locking temporary files for scanning, sometimes between the time creation is finished but before they can be reopened. It's interesting that both Windows 7 and Windows 10 would be affected.

Might be worthwhile to exclude the temporary directory from monitoring to see if this helps?

0 Likes
dalekreitzer
Visitor.

RE: Customers with increasing file errors

Jim, here is a link to others with a similar problem. You may want to follow this thread.

community.microfocus.com/.../30552

Dale

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.