Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Doc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Dash's or Lines within a Push-button

0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Dash's or Lines within a Push-button

I believe you are asking about the first push-button - Add Employee Payroll - This is a Windows behavior showing which control has focus. Try executing with this runtime configuration variable WIN32_NATIVECTLS ON .. this variable (from Version 8 and forward) provides a more modern Windows look and feel - one of which is that the focus rectangle is no longer applied.

0 Likes
Doc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

That fixed it! Thanks
0 Likes
Doc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I was wrong (Ran the wrong program Version) and I took it back out because it was chopping off the bottom of all modifiable fields.
0 Likes
Doc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I was wrong (Ran the wrong program Version) and I took it back out because it was chopping off the bottom of all modifiable fields.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What version are you using? What compile options are you using? The focus rectangle can be made softer ... windowssecrets.com/.../143680-What-is-the-quot-focus-rectangle-quot .. If you uncheck that setting the focus will be as soft as possible without the WIN32_NATIVECTLS ON. I believe this is a registry setting as well if you need to apply it to all users.

When you state modifiable fields, are you referring to entry-fields or any control where you can adjust the size. Is the chopping occurring to all fields or fields near the bottom of the screen?
0 Likes
Doc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Version 10.0.1 Compile options: -Cb -Di -Ds -Lf -Ls -c62 -z62 -SI COBOL -SX XFD -Vx -w -Za -Ga -Zl -Zr0 -Zz. And yes Entry-Fields and chops all entry fields. I will take a look @ windows secrets.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you try one sample program and not use -c62 -z62 see if that make any difference. I'm not sure what would cause the chopping, you might experiment with the runtime configuration variable DEFAULT_FONT MEDIUM   - this is the default

You can set DEFAULT_FONT to one of the following values to use a different font. The following words are valid settings:
TRADITIONAL 
FIXED 
LARGE
MEDIUM 
SMALL 

0 Likes
Doc Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I am getting closer. In my test program I put a small push button on the top right with no text, The problem went away on my "Add Employee ETC." button. I then tabbed the cursor for fun and the focus then showed up on the Add Employee button. So all I have to do is have the focus first on a blank field or somewhere else on the screen?????
Thanks
Steve
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you really take a look at the push-button with no text, when you tab to it, the focus rectangle darkens the outer edge of the button, but with a push-button with text, the focus rectangle will appear inside the push button. Windows focus will occur, with the WIN32_NATIVECTLS ON a coloration occurs around the outside edge of a push-button and on the inside edge of an entry-field. If we can eliminate the entry-field cropping issue, the WIN32_NATIVECTLS ON is a good way to make the screen appear more modern.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.