Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Debug is not entering

Hello everyone, any ideas why i cannot enter i debug mode? My list file show the following:

****************************************************************************************************

C:\ACU_PROJECTS\AT\SOURCE\AT211A.cbl Thu May 05 03:54:49 2016 ACUCOBOL-GT v9.2.5 Page: 2952

STATISTICS

Total Lines: 168184
# of Files: 19
# of Data Items: 14618
# of Paragraphs: 5656

Elapsed Time: 1.0 seconds
Lines/Minute: 9430878

Code Size: 939326 (0E553E)
Data Size: 3248310 (3190B6)
Shared Data: 56 (000038)
Extra Segment: 49670 (00C206)
Thread Segment: 22768 (0058F0)
Address Table: 86964 (0153B4)
Program Size: 4347094 (4254D6)

0 Error(s), 0 Warning(s)

To mention also that the screen section has many controls (maybe mora than 50 controls in one screen). 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Debug is not entering

are you attempting to debug on Windows / Unix or within AcuBench. For Windows, have you tried

wrun32 -dle my-errs -c your-config AT211A

Whe you run this, my-errs will show what the runtime is doing to open and run your AT211A object file.

Do you use CODE_PREFIX to state where the object files are located?

Do you use CODE_SUFFIX to state the object file extension?

Are your object files located in C:\ACU_PROJECTS\AT\SOURCE

If using AcuBench, what settings are in your projects Environment tab, and do these agree with the settings you are using in your runtime config file.

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

I debug within AcuBench and only the AT211A program is not entering debug. Every other program in AT project enters debug just fine.

CODE_PREFIX is .\object and i dont use CODE_SUFFIX as you can see in the image.

In C:\ACU_PROJECTS\AT\SOURCE i see only .cbl files. I use C:\SYNERGY\BIN\@ in settings / compiler tab as you can see in the image.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is the AT211A program a called program, one that has linkage?

If you have the AT211A program in the AcuBench Code Editor and then choose the Debug / Go menu option .. what happens, is there a green line highlighting the text in the Procedure division?

Do the Debug options in the AcuBench Debug menu become enabled? If so, have you tried using Auto Step? That should step through the program within the Code Editor.

If the issue continues, consider sending the AT211A program to Customer Care so we can see if we're able to reproduce this issue.

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Yes AT211A is a called program. The inithial program is MENU that calls AT211A and passes a group of varialbles through the linkage.

When i choose Debug / Go option i get to many errors of undefined data item. All of thoses errors are variables from the linkage that MENU pass to AT211A.

How can i contact Castumer Care? I dont have support contract.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

To confirm, you start debug in the Menu program and place a breakpoint on the call "AT211A". Once you set through the breakpoint and the call is made, you are no longer in debug and you do not see AT211A in the Code Editor?

0 Likes
dalekreitzer
Visitor.

You are calling the program using "CALL RUN" syntax.  This syntax initiates a new instance of the runtime, and does not carry the debug option into it.   Unless you need this to be a separate instance, just use "CALL [ProgramName] syntax instead ... omit the RUN part.

Dale

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

[To confirm, you start debug in the Menu program and place a breakpoint on the call "AT211A". Once you set through the breakpoint and the call is made, you are no longer in debug and you do not see AT211A in the Code Editor?]

Exactly, that is the problem!

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

[You are calling the program using "CALL RUN" syntax.  This syntax initiates a new instance of the runtime, and does not carry the debug option into it.   Unless you need this to be a separate instance, just use "CALL [ProgramName] syntax instead ... omit the RUN part.]

I use CALL only and not CALL RUN.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.