Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Decimal Point

How can i  represent a number with decimal point the period and with no point for thousands. like this 1000.85

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

RE: Decimal Point

i tryed

MODIFY olWrkSh Range(TARGET)::NumberFormat = "0.00".

and

MODIFY olWrkBk @Application::DecimalSeparator IS "."

but i still get comma "," for decimals.

0 Likes
prolinkdata_gr Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Γεια σου Γιώργο (Hi George)

try setting the UseSystemSeparators property of Application to False

in VBA:

Application.UseSystemSeparators = False

in Cobol it should be something like:

MODIFY olWrkBk @Application::UseSystemSeparators IS False

0 Likes
neidingd Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

when i had to set the Decimal Seperator it looks like this:

[quote]

create  @Application of @Excel handle in xls-app.

modify  xls-app    workbooks::Add() giving  xls-book.

modify  xls-app    @VISIBLE = 1.

modify  xls-app    @DecimalSeparator   = ",".

modify  xls-app    @ThousandsSeparator = ".".

[/quote]

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

There is the DECIMAL_POINT IS COMMA configuration variable - here is the excerpt from the documentation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DECIMAL_POINT

This configuration variable sets the character to be used as the program's decimal point. Follow it with the desired character. If you use this variable to set the decimal point to a comma, then the place and function of the decimal point and comma are reversed (just like the phrase DECIMAL_POINT IS COMMA). The default is to use the decimal point specified by the program's source.

Note: You do not have to change the value of DECIMAL_POINT to match the decimal point used by floating point values received from external components. The runtime automatically makes the correct adjustment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does change what is used as the decimal point globally for the runtime during it's execution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.