Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Difference between AcuGt.Interop.dll and Interop.AcuGTObjects.dll

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 March 2012]

Hello!

We have an integration going on with another system, a C#-written program. This calls a COBOL program using acugt.exe and the AcuGt class for this.
When this was written, we used AcuCobol 8.1.0. When I look at the reference list in C# project, the references name is "AcuGT.Interop" and it uses a file AcuGT.Interop.dll. This is also copied to the lib folder in the C# project.

After this, I have installed AcuCobol 9.1.0.
If I now tries to add an reference, the reference name is "AcuGTObjects", using a file Interop.AcuGTObjects.dll. It seems that this two files is slightly different, and has slightly different classes. When i look at them, they are both of version 8.1.0.

I have registered the COM interface for acugt.exe both in version 8.1.0, and in 9.1.0. The latest version uses the latest dll, that the C# code is not written for.

So I just wonder, what is the difference between this two dll`s ?
And, leading to next question; if AcuGT.Interop.dll is an old file not used anymore, does this mean I must rewrite the C# project in order to fit the new classes in Interop.AcuGTObjects.dll ?

Regards
Dagl
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Difference between AcuGt.Interop.dll and Interop.AcuGTObjects.dll

rewrite the C# project in order to fit the new classes? I believe that you do.

There may not be very much difference between the V 8 and V 9 version. V 9.1 was built with Visual Studio 2010, whereas V was built with Visual Studio 2005.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.