Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Drag and Drop Files

Hi,

I have a need to be able to drag a file from Windows Explorer onto an AcuConnect Thin Client screen - either dragged onto the screen or dragged into a receiving control (perhaps the rich-text-box).  The file being dragged could be anything file type including PDF, JPG, DOC, XLS - anything.  I then want to store that file on the host (Linux) server.

I've done some work with the RTB control, and have a program that will receive a dropped file into a RTB control on my program's screen.  But I can't work out how to then save the file.

Do you have some advice for me please?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Drag and Drop Files

C$COPY works with thin client to allow you to take files from the PC to the server.

CALL "C$COPY" USING SOURCE-FILE DEST-FILE GIVING STATUS-CODE

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I'm familiar with C$COPY and am already using it with the C$OPENSAVEBOX dialogue box to transfer files using the "@[DISPLAY]:" method.  What the user wants to be able to do though is drag-and-drop a file onto the window or a receiving area that I create for it.

Ian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I believe you will need to use the Windows API to make instances of  Windows Explorer to be able to drag a file from one Windows Explorer to another or p[erhaps an ActiveX control like www.teebo.com/tssFileDragDrop.htm

and then capture where the file was moved to and copy that back to the server. I do not believe any of the common controls we provide are capable of doing this type of function.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Ian,

we want to give the user the possibility to drag a file and let it drop in our program.

Do you have the solution to get the path of that file for further processing ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Sorry, no.  I don't have an answer yet, but I've not fully explored shjerpe's suggestions above.  You might find the answer for us both there!  My priorities have changed, and the customer isn't so interested in this at the moment.

Cheers,

Ian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.