Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
davidr262 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dynamic Sql

I am creating a cursor using dynamic SQL. I can fetch the data with no problem, but whenever I tried to execute another SQL Statement (Dynamic Cursor still open) I get an error message stating "Connection is busy with the results for another hstmt". Any ideas on what may be causing this error? We have other programs where we have open cursors (static SQL) and have no problem performing other SQL statements.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Dynamic Sql

Some past versions of AcuSQL had problems which caused the "Connection is busy with the results for another hstmt" error. Those have already been fixed, so you may need to upgrade.  What version are you running?

0 Likes
davidr262 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using version 8.1.3.1 plus some patches ECN-SQL128, 129 and 131

0 Likes
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

In Version 9.1.2 ECN-SQL138 fixed an issue that could cause the error.  You should raise a support incident to address this issue. Attaching a test program that demonstrates the error to the support incident will help determine the resolution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.