Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error 93

One of our clients is getting error 93, file locked by another user, when the program is trying to create a flat output file (.csv file) on a networked drive.
No other users are doing anything with this file.
The client also says that if the old output file from a previous run is present, the new file is created without any problems, but if the old file has been deleted the error 93 occurs when trying to create the new version of this file.
The client has many users and this problem only occurs on one machine, so it is something specific to this machine, I suspect something to do with permissions, but I cant think what, if the user didn’t have access to the networked drive/folder it would make no difference whether the old file was present or not. Any suggestions?    (this using Extend 8.1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Error 93

I agree that it does appear to be a permission issue. Select a file in the directory where this file is being written. Right click, select properties, look at the security tab (permissions) and then choose the advance settings push button, see if the Effective permission allow Create files to be performed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Error 93

I had asked them to do exactly that, and am waiting for them to come back to me, only thing that concerned me was why we got a 93 instead of a 37,07

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.