Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Error when compiling

Jump to solution

I use AcuBench 8 for compiling. The -Ci option must I use because otherwise the data in vision-file-record is not anymore correct.

The solution for barcode printing is working on a other systeem where is not ICobol the base. There I don'nt use -Ci.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chuck Edgin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Error when compiling

Jump to solution

Actually, I think you'll need to retain the COMP-5 usage to get the native byte-ordering, especially since it appears you're running this on Windows (which expects "little-endian").  PIC X(4) COMP-X will give you 4 bytes, but in "big-endian" byte order.

Your original PIC S9(5) COMP-5 items resolve to a 4-byte storage (32-bit signed integer) by default, but the -Ci option changes that to 3 bytes (for compatibility with ICOBOL).  I would suggest PIC S9(9) COMP-5 for passing a 32-bit signed integer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I think the issue is the S9(5) comp-5 for these data items ... I believe that the only types you can send BY VALUE are items with a size of 2, 4 or 8 bytes. Anything else reports the illegal size error.  

Using SX(4) comp-x should work when passing by Value.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

saw my typo ... try using x(4) comp-x

0 Likes
Chuck Edgin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Actually, I think you'll need to retain the COMP-5 usage to get the native byte-ordering, especially since it appears you're running this on Windows (which expects "little-endian").  PIC X(4) COMP-X will give you 4 bytes, but in "big-endian" byte order.

Your original PIC S9(5) COMP-5 items resolve to a 4-byte storage (32-bit signed integer) by default, but the -Ci option changes that to 3 bytes (for compatibility with ICOBOL).  I would suggest PIC S9(9) COMP-5 for passing a 32-bit signed integer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Chuck, that is the thing I did already before I got your reply. I placed a incident by Micro Focus support and from there I received a comment that lead to the same solution you give. Every body thanks. The calling to a dll resulted in a A4 with a nice EAN128 barcode for a ordernumber.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.