Highlighted
New Member.

Extend - Tree View - Read every entry

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 September 2011]

How can i read all the contents of e tree view? I have build a tree view control with parent and child items and i want to read all items till i found the one i am searching in my loop procedure.

can anyone help?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Extend - Tree View - Read every entry

I am not sure I understand your question, your COBOL program built the tree ... creating Parents and Children ... and the tree provides events so that you can inquire on an item when expanded or collapsed ... that said the tree view has a very nice property called hidden-data - you can use hidden-data to store unique values so that you know exactly which item in the tree was selected. Similar to whatever loop that you set up to load the tree, you can have an INQUIRE loop to go through the tree and get each Parent / Child and return their title (or hidden-data).
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

RE: Extend - Tree View - Read every entry

I have a tree view control with 100 items, mixed parent and child items. I want to inquire all the items sequential but i dont know how can i do that.

my idea is to create an array and store there all the identifier pointer of the tree view and call the items one by one.

what do you think?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.