CIAC Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Extend runtime and OS

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was looking on product documentation for different platforms accepted to install the runtime, and i barely see windows and unix. Anyone knows if is there a runtime for iOS, Android or any other OS?

Thanks afterwards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Extend runtime and OS

Jump to solution

There isn't a runtime for iOS, or Android.

Our runtime is available for (32 and 64 bit)

AIX 6.1

AIX 7.1

HP-UX 11.23

HP-UX 11.23i v2

HP-UX 11.31

HP-UX 11i

Linux (glibc-2.x

Linux PowerPC

Solaris 10

Solaris 11

Solaris 9.0

Windows up through Windows 8.1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

You did not say what you were trying to do with these platforms.  However, in my opinion, the more appropriate use of a tablet or phone would be strictly for the user interface.  In this case, you would create web services on a non-mobile server (using, for example, Xcentrisity Business Information Server for extend).  Program the user interface using standard browser techniques, or a widget set particular to the mobile platform. 

extend's graphical interface is Windows-centric, and therefore not likely to move to iOS or Android very easily.

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software

Tom Morrison
Consultant

0 Likes
CIAC Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for the answer Tom. We'll need it for a stand alone software for sales in the customer place, using an ipad. Via web is discarded.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There isn't a runtime for iOS, or Android.

Our runtime is available for (32 and 64 bit)

AIX 6.1

AIX 7.1

HP-UX 11.23

HP-UX 11.23i v2

HP-UX 11.31

HP-UX 11i

Linux (glibc-2.x

Linux PowerPC

Solaris 10

Solaris 11

Solaris 9.0

Windows up through Windows 8.1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Steve, I am inferring from the question and follow-up that there is an expectation of using the GUI.  (Perhaps the tablet will be used in a character mode, but I have my doubts.)  Am I correct that the GUI only runs on Windows clients?  I know the application can be running on any supported platform, but the GUI is not hosted locally on the non-Windows platforms, only through the Acu client, correct?

If my assumptions are correct, then probably the best choice for this customer would be a Windows tablet, rather than iOS or Android.

Tom Morrison
Consultant

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

i hope microfocus make an ios and android support!!!  ASAP

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.