Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Finding the value for papertray

I use WINPRINT-GET-PRINTER-MEDIA to search for the paper-trays. For how to do that, I used the source-lines in PRNDEMOX.cbl(version 9.1.1).

Here are the result out of 2 different printers.

HP CM4730; the values to WS-HB are 15, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 1257,1258,1269,1270,1002,1272. This printer has 4 tray's.

HP2050; the values to WS-HB are 15, 262, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262. The standard model has 1 big tray and under it a second tray.

With value I have to move to WINPRINT-CURR-TRAY? The value 7 is WPRT-AUTO-TRAY.

Or do I have to use/make an other solutions.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

RE: Finding the value for papertray

I have on my office a Konica Minolta5430DL with 2 trays and a third is possible. The values I get in WS-HB are 1,3,7. The value 7 I do'nt count. So the result is 2 tray's, upper and lower. I send WPRT-UPPER-TRAY to

WINPRINT-CURR-TRAY when the user has recorded by a particular program the value 1(tray). I send WPRT-LOWER-TRAY to WINPRINT-CURR-TRAY when the user has recorded by a other program the value 2(tray).

How do I know how many tray's are really installed.

Why give some printers the values like the KM5430DL and why others the values meantioned before?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Sorry, I made a mistake. Because the KM54530DL can have three tray's the value must be WPRT-MIDDLE-TRAY. With WPRT-LOWER-TRAY the printer give an error message on the printerscreen: TRAY3 NOT ATTACHED.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Not sure if this helps, there was another discussion like this here: community.microfocus.com/.../6265.aspx

You can use OpenPrinter (to get a handle), with the handle you can call DocumentProperties to get the DEVMODE for the printer. With this DEVMODE you can then call DeviceCapabilities for papernames (DC_PAPERNAMES).

0 Likes
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I'am trying to contact Nico Brooks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.