Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
soporte_ti_prolimags Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to remove a orphaned user in Ubuntu?

Hello. I have AcuCOBOL in Ubuntu, using AcuThin to connect to the server from Windows PCs. Sometimes energy goes wrong and shut downs wifi routers, so users disconnect from the server, and leave the licenses "in use" (socket connecton error). I want to remove these orphaned users from the session without restart the server. If you ask why I'm asking for this, I'm the new sysadmin of my enterprise, but because the last one got fired, I'm clueless about how to use and maintain this software, because the last sysadmin left no manual, neither documentation. I will be very grateful to anyone who can help me.

0 Likes
1 Reply
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: How to remove a orphaned user in Ubuntu?

You can administer AcuConnect using the various options of the acurcl command. The documentation for AcuConnect is found here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../GUID-30B06F08-50C7-4991-88D8-0A39198B3CCF.html

The specific commands you’ll probably use are “acurcl -info” and “acurcl -kill -p <pid>” to terminate specific processes. Here are the links to those pages in the documentation:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../BKCNRHCONN04.html

documentation.microfocus.com/.../BKCNRHCONN06.html

Under normal circumstances the runtime will terminate automatically 5 minutes after a connection is interrupted, or the client somehow dies. This time is configurable by the TC_CHECK_ALIVE_INTERVAL. The documentation for that is here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../BKUSUSCONFS277.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.