Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Dagl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to set base class propertties in .NET class?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 March 2012]

Hello!

I have created a class in a .NET dll file. This class inherits another class, a base class.
I want to set some properties that are implemented in the base class. When I make a definition file using NETDEFGEN, only selecting the child class, I dont get an definition of the properties. If I also select to include the base class in my definition file, I get a description of the properties. But refering to the child class, I dont get to set them anyway. How can i set this values?

Must I first create the base class, set the properties and then create the child class? But how is the two then linked together?

The exact situation is the dll "System.ServiceModel.dll".
This has a class "WSHttpBinding", that inherits the base class "WSHttpBindingBase".
In the base class, there is two properties I want to set, for instance "MaxBufferPoolSize".

How can this be set?

Regards Dagl
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.