Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to use XDBC to read a relative file

Hi.  XDBC manual says you can make an XFD file for a relative cobol file.  And you can.  Once you have, how do you access a specific record?  When I google how to use SQL to select a specific record, I get information on LIMIT/OFFSET keywords (not in the manual) and ROW_NUMBER function for window processing (not in the manual.

So, can I use XDBC to access a specific record#, or do I have to change my record layout(s) to include a flag field which can be searched with the "WHERE" clause?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to use XDBC to read a relative file

select * from recordfile where record_number = 42;

record_number is a pseudo column that AcuXDBC maintains, it does not exist in the actual file

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.