Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
SteveEly Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HttpPost

Jump to solution

I thought HttpPost is supposed to be a part of 9.2 but I was experimenting with it and get "HttpPost: Program missing or inaccessible".

What am I missing?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: HttpPost

Jump to solution

HTTP POST is part of Xcentricity BIS. Have you installed Xcentricity BIS?

Is your command line using -y .. as in -y xmlif.dll

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Chuck Edgin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The RMNet routines are included with (but not part of) the runtime.  As you discovered, they are in a separate DLL* (rmnet.dll) that needs to be loaded at runtime using the -y option.  

Before calling HttpPost, you need to initialize the RMNet interface with a call to NetInit.  If you're going to connect to an SSL/TLS site (with an HTTPS url), you'll also need to call NetSetSSLCA.

There's a tutorial document named RMNetTutorial.pdf that should be installed with your ACUCOBOL-GT installation, in the AcuGT\Samples\RMNet subdirectory.  It includes examples of using XML Extensions, which requires pre-loading an additional DLL** (xmlif.dll).

Neither RMNet or XML Extensions requires installing or licensing Xcentrisity BIS.

*For Unix/Linux users, it's in a shared object library named either librmnet.so or librmnet64.so.

**For Unix/Linux users, it's in a shared object library named either libxmlif.so or libxmlif64.so.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

HTTP POST is part of Xcentricity BIS. Have you installed Xcentricity BIS?

Is your command line using -y .. as in -y xmlif.dll

0 Likes
SteveEly Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

We have not installed Xcentricity BIS. The manual seems to indicate RMNet Routines are built into the runtime.

RMNet is included in the list that follows this paragraph.

Micro Focus Developer > extend Interoperability Suite > ACUCOBOL-GT Documentation Set Version 9.2 > Appendices > Appendix I. Library Routines

General Syntax and Library List

ACUCOBOL-GT has a large set of library routines built into the runtime system. These routines may be accessed via the CALL verb. This appendix describes each of these routines in detail. The routines are listed in alphabetical order.

0 Likes
SteveEly Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I added -y rmnet.dll to my command line and it works, or at least does not get the program missing error any more.

0 Likes
Chuck Edgin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The RMNet routines are included with (but not part of) the runtime.  As you discovered, they are in a separate DLL* (rmnet.dll) that needs to be loaded at runtime using the -y option.  

Before calling HttpPost, you need to initialize the RMNet interface with a call to NetInit.  If you're going to connect to an SSL/TLS site (with an HTTPS url), you'll also need to call NetSetSSLCA.

There's a tutorial document named RMNetTutorial.pdf that should be installed with your ACUCOBOL-GT installation, in the AcuGT\Samples\RMNet subdirectory.  It includes examples of using XML Extensions, which requires pre-loading an additional DLL** (xmlif.dll).

Neither RMNet or XML Extensions requires installing or licensing Xcentrisity BIS.

*For Unix/Linux users, it's in a shared object library named either librmnet.so or librmnet64.so.

**For Unix/Linux users, it's in a shared object library named either libxmlif.so or libxmlif64.so.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.