Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Inquire Menu Item title

does anyone know how can i inquire an title from a menu?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Inquire Menu Item title

Do all of your menu items have exception values associated with them .. if so, the exception value would let you know which menu item has been selected.

0 Likes
DMiller1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are you using Genmenu or w$menu?

I am having a similar issue with w$menu.  I am trying to inquire the state (checked/unchecked) of a menu item.  My suspicion is that it is not possible to inquire because W$Menu is not really a control.  I hope I am wrong.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I believe you are correct the Menu is not a control  as it is contructed through calls to W$MENU

0 Likes
DMiller1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did come up with a hack to compensate for this. I used an array to hold the title, state, & exception value then used the array to build the submenu items.  I need this because my users configure what is shown on the menu.  I have no idea what the title will be nor the data that will be displayed when they click on it.  The title equates to a group of fields that they define.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.