Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
cburlon7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to disable or trap mouse scroll wheel outside of a grid?

I'm running into an issue with a combo box and the mouse scroll wheel. Even if another field on the screen is currently selected, the user moving the mouse scroll wheel while the cursor is over a combo box, its value will change and I haven't been able to keep it from happening.

I thought that an Event/Exception "Other" procedure might catch the prev/next-wheel events documented for a paged list but those don't seem to be raised and I don't see a W$MOUSE option for it either. 

Was wondering if anyone has run into this before or if there is a work around I'm not thinking of?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Is it possible to disable or trap mouse scroll wheel outside of a grid?

You may be able to manipulate the mouse-flags setting to work around the issue:
www.microfocus.com/.../BKININMOUSIN7.3.3.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.