Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
carlinhos10al Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java program with TLSv1.2 protocol doesn't work when use Acucobol C$SYSTEM

Hi everyone,

I've a Java program called consStatServ.jar and basically the main method creates a XML, and send it to a web service and returns a response, however to send it to the web service, I need to put in it a signature, for do this is necessary using certificate. In this case, I'm using Oberthur.

This method works fine when I execute it in Eclipse, but when I call it within Acucobol C$SYSTEM causes error: "error signing certificate verify".

I've already tried using the C$JAVA and it triggers other error caused by use of protocol object in a Java method.

What's wrong? Is there another way to do this?

Regards,

Carlos

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Java program with TLSv1.2 protocol doesn't work when use Acucobol C$SYSTEM

We provide RMNet, which provides capabilities for COBOL to interact with Web Services.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for your answer.

In fact this error occours in command line out ofEclipse. It's possible to be a incorrect system set. I'm looking for something on web.

Thanks a lot.

Carlos (English is my second language and I like it, but I need to practice more)
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

More than likely it is an environment variable that needs to be set before running your script. Is CLASSPATH set?

see community.microfocus.com/.../java-calls-cobol-demo-with-acucobol-gt-cvm-class-on-linux
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi shjerpe,

I've seen the RMNet solution and CLASSPATH as well.

I've tested the FahrenheitToCelsius SOAP method and works fine, but there is already WebServices runnig and I simply need to connect them using certificates and the Acucobol doesn't support it. I've to use Java for do this.

CLASSPATH is used to call Java and it isn't my problem. I use some Java parameters in cblconfig to call Java methods using C$JAVA and it's working fine.

When I said about system setting I was telling you about parameters like cryptography, keystore, certificates repository, token for signarutes, etc to pass to Java method and then to connect or sending XML to SOAP web service.

Well, in fact I wrote this question and no longer I noticed that the problem is in the use of a specific token. When I use others kind of token, this problem doesn't occur.

I'm still searching any solution on Web.

So, thank you so much for "listen me".

Carlos
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.