Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Limit on screen section items?

Is there a limit on the size or number of screen section items?  I have a screen with 10 tabs and the usual labels, entry fields, etc. on each tab.  I added another tab and screen items, and now I get the error "Statement too large at code address 4058".  I can add the tab and the first 4 lines of screen items, but the 5th line of screen items seems to send it over the top.  Any suggestions on how to get around this?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Limit on screen section items?

32K is the limit on the screen section

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

I guess we are not the only ones to reach this limit on complex screens.  Hopefully one day this limit will be increased.  I suggest sending an enhancement request, the more they get the better chance that something might get done.

I suggest that you remove as much information that you can from the fields on your screen.  i.e. your help id's if you are not using them and anything else that has something defaulted that you do not need.  This will help shrink your screen section.  This has helped us so far but once we hit the limit, we are going to have to redesign our screens and programs which will not be fun.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Does the erro go away if you eliminate the second tab control ... while I cannot find this in the documentation, I think only one tab per screen is recommended.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sorry, I now remeber, you cannot have a tab on a tab, you can have multiple tabs on a screen, just not a tab within a tab.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.