Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Linked server to Cobol files

Jump to solution

We are using a SQL Server Linked Server to access data in cobol files. It worked ok, until we decided to restart it using the following commands:

del C:\DATABASE\CRPO\XDBC_CRPO\xdbc\*.* /q

call ainit -d C:\DATABASE\CRPO\XDBC_CRPO\xdbc

call xdbcutil -c -d C:\DATABASE\CRPO\XDBC_CRPO\xdbc

call xdbcutil -d C:\DATABASE\CRPO\XDBC_CRPO\xdbc -f C:\DATABASE\CRPO\XDBC_CRPO\xfd

I did not get any errors when running the commands, but after this I was not able to get the data through the linked server anymore. I get the error saying: 

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MyServer" returned message "[TOD][ODBC Driver]Invalid USERID and/or PASSWORD".

As you can see below, there is no password set for this ODBC connection.

The driver we are using is version 8.01.

The Linked server is configured like this:

This is how it has always been and has worked.

If I use XDBCQuery with the following parameters it's working to get data from the files using SQL syntax:

C:\Acu\AcuGT\bin\xdbcquery.exe /cacuxdbc04:system/manager/xvision:acuxdbcINK.cfg

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Linked server to Cobol files

Jump to solution

Try username: system and password: manager

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Try username: system and password: manager

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you, it worked!

Is there any way that I can make it work without any username and password? Could using a username and password make the connection slower?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

It's been awhile since I created a catalog but I believe there are some options you can pass to ainit that will not create the user and group tables for the catalog. In other words it doesn't pass -p or -pa to xdbcutil.If i remember correeclty, I gave up on ainit because of errors it was throwing and created everything using xdbcutil. The username and password should cache so I am not sure it will affect performance.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.