Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
guffen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Login problems

Hello.

I`m using Acucobol-Gt Thin client 80, and it`s saying:

"conection failed"-"Connection to server refused"
When I try to log on from some of my clientpc`s. The odd thing is that 1. W7 ok. 1 XP, ok. 1 w8.1 ok. 1 W7 refused. 1 w8.1 refused.
The only differense is the brand of Pc. HP seems to be the best.
I have a HP server running W server 2012R2. Is this a known issue?

Regards Guffen

Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Login problems

It is not a known issue. Look at the server AcuAcess file, the format of which is client-machine-name, user-name, local username, umask ... do you have an asterisk in the client machine-name field, and for all client machine name entries?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I didn't address your post completely, I do not believe our Version 8 supports Windows 8 / 8.1. Support for Windows 8 happened in our version 9.2 I believe.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

also, did you try acuthin --ping ip-address

I believe Windows 8 may have a firewall which is on by default

0 Likes
guffen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, not using asterisk in name of  any of my client machines. The AcuAcessfil is like this:client machine name *, local username:same as client, umask:002.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

okay so a user "myuser" can login on a Windows machine and use acuthin, but logs in om a different Windows machine and cannot? start acurcl with a trace acurcl -start -t3 -e myacurcl.err .. try to connect from a machine that fails. kill acurcl and look at the error file. Does the error file showing the client trying to connect?

0 Likes
guffen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Solved. I put in Local Username:"administrator" (login name at my server) and umas:777. All of my machines is now loging into the server.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Since this seems to be a Windows client to Windows server you might look at the runtime configuration variable security-method ... setting security-method to logon may also provide access without mapping every one to Administrator.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.