Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
alicetan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION - ACUCOBOL 10

Hi, 

I am currently facing problem of 'Memory Access Violation' on Windows XP PC. 

I had try to compile the program with -Za to see whether isn't the error is come from out of range index file or any linkage error. But when i run i didn't get any message about out of range. It will just prompt the 'Memory Access Violation'. 

1) May i know that is there any minimum memory required for ACUCOBOL 10 to be run in Unix environment with 150    user? 

2) May i know that PC level for running ACUCOBOL 10 thin client environment, have any minimum memory needed? 

Thanks You. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION - ACUCOBOL 10

This is probably not a memory size issue  - 4 GB (even 2GB) should be enough. Can you run the program in debug and see when the mav occurs, is it in a call statement, dealing with XML file, dealing with an activex control.

0 Likes
alicetan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shjerpe,

Please to be inform that the grid program is working well in 7.2, somehow after upgrade to 10.0.0 it cannot work.

We had set the RECURSION = 1 in the configuration, which means that program 1 call program 2, and program 2 call program 3, then program 3 call program 1.

All are cobol programs.

0 Likes
alicetan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shjerpe,  

I had also done the test, this memory access violation is only happen to Window XP PC.

I tested Window 7 and Window 10 PC, it does not have this issue.

So may I know that is the PC specification is also need to have a minimum memory requirement.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

4 GB (even 2GB) of memory should be sufficient. Does the mav occur on the display of the grid. Does the mav occur when prog3 calls prog1 ... RECURSION = 1 ... if you have a small reproducable example please contact Customer Care with your example.

0 Likes
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You should implement version 10.0.1 as there are issues with version 10.0.0 on Windows XP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.