Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
hillri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MQ Series call (MQINQ) syntax

Hi,

Our AcuCobol system interfaces with Mq Series successfully and we utilise calls such as MQCONN, MQOPEN and MQGET which are well documented and work well. For the first time I am trying to use the MQINQ call but can't find an example in the documentation or anywhere else. Can anyone give an example of this call being called using AcuCobol? 

What I'm really interested in is for what parameters I need to use 'BY REFERENCE' and which ones I need to use 'BY VALUE'.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
neidingd Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

RE: MQ Series call (MQINQ) syntax

0 Likes
hillri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found that link as well but unfortunately when making the call from AcuCobol you need need to specify "BY REFERENCE" or "BY VALUE" with the parameters which is the bit I can't work out.

There is a configuration variable that can be used that negates this requirement but that is not how we have our system configured.

I very such appreciate you having taken the time to help me with my problem.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

'BY REFERENCE' would be the way to go. Also, Before you can inquire on a queue, you must open it using the MQOPEN call and specifying MQOO_INQUIRE.

There are more details here: publib.boulder.ibm.com/.../index.jsp

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.