Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
aw_muench Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Modify grid-color with background-rgb

According to the documentation the phrase background-rgb applies also to grids.

So I tried to modify a row but the compiler (v10.0) does not like it:

modify my-grid y = 5

row-color background-rgb x#eec300.

Am I doing it wrong or does it simply not work ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Modify grid-color with background-rgb

The issue is that there is no value asociated with row-color. If you remove that property or provide that property with a value, your modify statement will compile. Try row-color some-value background-rgb x#eec300.
aw_muench Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello shjerpe,

the good news is: now the compiler accepts my code - thanks.

But the result is still not what I've expected.

modify my-grid y = 5

row-color 1 background-rgb x#eec300

does not change the color of my row.

Is there a sample program or a documentation for this phrase or has anybody worked with background-rgb ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

color 1 is a foreground color - I bet if you type into a cell on row 5 you'll see a different color(than black) for letters and numbers.

I tried this modify Screen1-Gd-1 y=3 row-color 255
BACKGROUND-RGB x#eec300
the 3rd row is a brownish and the rest of the grid is blue (except for headings - they have their own color and property).
I hope this helps

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.