Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
SSGMiami Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Multi-Select List Box

Jump to solution

Many years ago AcuCobol provided a sample program using an Active-X control for a multi-select List Box. Since then, has this functionality been built in to the Extend product line? I am using Extend 10 and need to create a multi-select List Box. Is Active-X still the only way?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Multi-Select List Box

Jump to solution

Having a multi-selection listbox is not directly supported within the extend product. The way to accomplish this is through the use of 3rd party controls (i.e. ActiveX or possibly .NET.) I've confirmed that the old sample for using ActiveX controls still works in Acu/extend 10. The sample is available from this web page:

supportline.microfocus.com/.../GUIsampleprograms.asp

Blair McDonald

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Having a multi-selection listbox is not directly supported within the extend product. The way to accomplish this is through the use of 3rd party controls (i.e. ActiveX or possibly .NET.) I've confirmed that the old sample for using ActiveX controls still works in Acu/extend 10. The sample is available from this web page:

supportline.microfocus.com/.../GUIsampleprograms.asp

Blair McDonald

View solution in original post

0 Likes
aw_muench Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I know this is not exactly the answer to your question - but have you thougt about a grid instead of a list-box ?

We use grids and you have so many possibilities including multi-selection.

0 Likes
SSGMiami Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Excellent suggestion! I haven't used grids since Extend 7.2 and then not paged grids. I will have to do some research and see how they might be used to solve my issue. Thanks for reminding me of capabilities I haven't used in a while.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.