Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Open Output Print files (or Others) that already exist.

Jump to solution

Our programs were converted over from Wang Cobol 10+ years ago @ Unicon. So Far so good until now. I am testing version 10.3.0 and have errors opening a file for output if that file already exists. Are there any routines or ??? available for handling a file that already exists? I would like the option to either scratch it or rename it if possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Open Output Print files (or Others) that already exist.

Jump to solution

You should be able to use the Declaratives to capture when file errors occur, then  write a routine to try opening the file INPUT first and if that succeeds then either rename it or scratch it depending on what is your preference

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You should be able to use the Declaratives to capture when file errors occur, then  write a routine to try opening the file INPUT first and if that succeeds then either rename it or scratch it depending on what is your preference

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
ok I will give that a try,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.