Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
DWrightson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PCL Images

Hello,

I'm looking to print images using PCL, I've found a utility called mkpcl, which converts an image into a raster graphic to print which works great. The problem I'm having is that the file generated can be quite large, and I'm losing some of the formatting when I'm attempting to segment the file into a smaller print line to print in a report in a COBOL application. Is there a way to embed one PCL file in another, or for me to send the whole PCL graphic file to the printer and have it print on the same page as the report I'm printing without having to try to string it into print lines?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: PCL Images

I've never written PCL myself, but according to some online references, the \F escape sequence sends the specified file to the printer. So:

\Fpathname

in a PCL stream, where "pathname" is the path to the file you want to include, should send that file to the printer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.