Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
luispaul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PDFcreator 2.4.0

To use activex pdfcreator-2.4.0 should generate the .DEF file as follows

AXDEFGEN PDFCreator.PDFCreatorObj PDFCREATOR.DEF

This is due to a change in the com interface not seen since the version 2.0.0

Greetings.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: PDFcreator 2.4.0

Hi Luis,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are reporting or asking about.  Can you restate the issue, and explain more about it?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Luis,

I received your direct message with the link to download your test program.  I can see that it crashes with a blank error message on this statement:

MODIFY PDF-PrintJob,

@SetProfileSetting("OpenViewer", "true").

Since the error message is blank I can't tell what might be wrong.  You should raise a support incident with Customer Care.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the additional clarification.  Your updates are only coming to me directly.  In the future please update the actual Forum thread so it is visible to everyone.

It seems that you are posting your sample program to demonstrate for others a successful way to interface with PDF Creator 2.4.0 from ACUCOBOL-GT.  Here is the link to the zip file containing your AcuBench project which works without error on your PC:

drive.google.com/.../view

I realized I had an older version of PDFCreator so I installed 2.4.0.  Now I'm getting an error "29100 - Internal Ghostscript error." on this statement:

MODIFY PDF-PrintJob, @ConvertTo(PDF-FULL-PATH).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.