johnb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Printing issue with AcuBenchPrint.dll

We used to get this issue but now it came back. I have users that get an Upgrade to IE 5 or higher when they try to print from our Thin Client app. I copied the latest AcuBenchPrint.dll ot the correct directory on their pc but that still doesn't work. Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Printing issue with AcuBenchPrint.dll

Is it just an upgrade to Internet Explorer or are the PCs being upgraded as well (i.e. 64bit)? Also, please see community.microfocus.com/.../5820.aspx

0 Likes
johnb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Steve,

No it is not an upgrade. It is an annoying issue with Acubenchprint.dll. It uses the default browser settings for printing. It used to be that the dll was outdated but we are using the correct one. The message is false but it stops users from printing.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

John,

Is you config set up similar to this:

CODE_MAPPING ON

DLL_CONVENTION 1

ACUBENCHPRINT.DLL

@[DISPLAY]:C:\Localdata\AcubenchPrint.DLL

ACUBENCHPRINTDUMMY @[DISPLAY]:AcuBenchPrintDummy

ACUBENCHPRINTEXECWBPREVIEW

@[DISPLAY]:AcuBenchPrintExecWBPreview

When you say .. It uses the default browser settings for printing .. does this mean that you are no longer seeing a print (printer) dialog that you used to see?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are using the AcuBenchPrint.dll version 1.0.0.4 then I believe it does not know how to check for Internet Explorer version 8 .. you may need to place a updated AcuBenchPrint.dll on machines that have upgraded their IE.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.