Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with multiple monitors and acubench

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 April 2011]

Hi,
I'm converting old programs and developing new programs in acubench. I have the problem if the user has 2 monitors and drag the main menu to the second monitor and from there open another window, that window opens up on the primary window. Is it possible to have the new window to open up on the secondary monitor? With the 'old' programs which are converted to acucobol (not in acubench) it's no problem.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Problem with multiple monitors and acubench

An idea that I have would be to write a thread routine in your menu program that would inquire the screen and store it's current position somewhere, then when opening up a new program you could use that information to determine where to open your screen. We do something similar to that by storing the last position of the main screen when you exit, then it uses that information as the start up location when you bring the screen back up. We currently use the registry to store that data so when a client brings up their screen they are not using the other PC screen location.
Then you have your Column and Line controls set to the variable that you use. Example, Column-Start and Line-Start. By defining these in the screen designer section it will put that in the display command and determine where to start your screen.

Example:
DISPLAY Standard GRAPHICAL WINDOW
SCREEN LINE LINE-START, SCREEN COLUMN COLUMN-START
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I've made lot of tests about this and what i've found out is:

If you display an independent window the 'SCREEN COLUMN' property doesn't work. It locates the window on the edge (left or right) of the main monitor.

If you display a floating window the 'SCREEN COLUMN'  property WORKS. Even, if you set the SCREEN COLUMN to a negative value, runtime shows the window in a monitor located at left size of the main monitor.

My problem is that i need to display an independent window, wich could be minimizable.

Another problem i've found is: if i move a resizable window to the second monitor, and then i try to maximize this window, this window dissapear, like if it would be in a third monitor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

in the old forum was a post that the runtime dosn't support multiple monitors:

community.microfocus.com/.../6656.aspx

I don't know if something changed since 2010...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.